Monday, December 21, 2009

QUICK: Can I use heavy whipping cream in place of table cream?

I'm trying to make Ice cream and we got the wrong cream!!!QUICK: Can I use heavy whipping cream in place of table cream?
It won't turn out the same, but it'll do in a pinch.





Heavy cream has more fat than table cream or milk. The amount of fat in the ice cream ';batter'; helps to determine the ice cream's consistency. In my experience, increasing the amount of fat in the ice cream makes for a more dense, less pliable final product. It certainly isn't bad, but I prefer a more balanced fat content in my ice cream.





If heavy cream is all you've got, go for it. It's still ice cream, and it isn't low fat...how can you go wrong?QUICK: Can I use heavy whipping cream in place of table cream?
Heavy is the best!!
Yes.
I think that would end up *better* for making ice cream - so, yes!


yum
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment