Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I use table cream as substitute to make alfredo sauce?

yes just dilute it with have water but if you like it creamy don't add the water.Can I use table cream as substitute to make alfredo sauce?
You can use anything you want. I use whatever I have on hand. I've even used sour cream. If your sauce is too thick, dilute it, too thin, add more cheese.Can I use table cream as substitute to make alfredo sauce?
Heavy cream (35%) is best.





Table cream (15%) is OK but it will take longer to thicken. Use more parmesan or romano cheese to improve the consistency.





Coffee cream (10%) is not sufficient to thicken the sauce.
Not creamer(the stuff you put in coffee) but you can definitely use heavy cream, that's what I use when I make alfredo sauce...makes it taste a lot better, but it's a lot more fattening!
I would, both are creamy in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment