Monday, December 21, 2009

I want to make my goulash creamy, table cream or sour cream?

I'm currently cooking a goulash in a crock pot - it has two hours to go. I would like to make it a little more creamy than it is, but I'm not sure what, how or when to go about it.





I have table cream and also sour cream in my fridge, but I am worried if I put it in it will curdle.





Will it be ok if I put it in right before the end? If so which one should I use, table or sour?I want to make my goulash creamy, table cream or sour cream?
I use sour cream. You can ';temper'; it by taking out about 1/2 c. of the liquid from the goulash, and mixing the sour cream into that.....then mix that back into the whole goulash mixture......I want to make my goulash creamy, table cream or sour cream?
I would put some sour cream right at the end in. The other problem with sour cream is that it can make a dish runny the longer is warms up and cooks. To not have cream curdle you need to temper it like you would cook an egg that you do not want to scramble with heat but using a little warm liquid to slowly heat the cream.
sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment